Friday, August 01, 2008

eMigration

So, for those of you who don't know, I'm moving to Dublin on August 18th. In fewer than eighteen days, I will become an expatriate (well, for a year or so).

The circumstances are that I got accepted into a Master's degree program at Trinity College Dublin, so I'm packing up, getting on an airplane, and flying away, to be back sometime after next September. It'll be the first time I've been out of Nebraska for longer than a month contiguously.

Needless to say, it's quite exciting as well as more than a little frightening. I'm giving up my apartment, my job (sort of), my culture (a lot of it anyway), my currency, my absurd network of local friends (they'll just be non-local), etc. It's going to be quite the change.

Anyway, since this is my last day at the office--and the start of my last month in America for a while--I though I should put in a note, just to chronicle it. Besides, I figure everyone is going to have to start reading this to see what I'm up to over there anyway, so you probably deserve an update every now and then.

1 comment:

D Wheezy said...

Wow that's awesome dude. Have a good time in Dublin! I only got to visit there for a few days, but living there will be amazing. Good luck man, and let me know if there are any airline specials that allow me to visit on my minuscule student salary of negative money.