Wednesday, March 26, 2008

coming soon to a Cartesian theater near you

Immediately prior to waking up this morning, I had a dream. This dream was actually just a movie trailer for a new, independent comedy that was supposedly coming out soon. The actors in the trailer were unrecognizable, and the writers weren't of note (although, it did mention something about "the people who brought you Zoolander"), but the thing I do remember about the movie was its title: Carlos Let the Loose Fish Out.

I think the movie was somehow about some touching-yet-comedic personal journey undergone by Carlos, and that it was either instigated or completed when there were some "loose fish" which Carlos "let out". I do not know if that was to be interpreted metaphorically or literally, or even how many "loose fish" there were. In any case, I kind of felt the movie to be akin to maybe Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with less "crazy", or maybe a more positive Ghost World.

In any case, it looked like a movie I would go see.

And the title is awesome.

No comments: